Design & Visual Storytelling
Global Project Management
Brand Vision Alignment
- I believe in leading by building authentic relationships through transparency and communication.
- I believe in fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and productive creative culture.
- I believe in continuous improvement by actively designing with an insatiable desire to learn and grow.
- I believe in mentoring and challenging my teams individually to achieve professional and personal growth.
- I bring a vast amount of experience designing for digital and print, tech and retail, and both B2B and B2C.
- I bring a fanatical affinity for brand development experienced through leading eight global rebrands.
- I bring expertise in branding, marketing, advertising, and event management.
- I bring a proven track record of building global creative organizations focusing on proficiency, efficiency, and performance.
When I step away from the demands of work, my heart and soul are dedicated to my wife and family – they are the core of my world. I wear the badge of an optimist with pride, always striving to unearth the silver linings in people and circumstances.
At home, I don my problem-solving hat, although sometimes I stumble – a lesson I readily impart to our children. You see, in my book, failure is a fundamental chapter of life; the ability to own up to one’s shortcomings holds equal weight with giving your absolute best. I’m all about growth, learning, experimenting, and eternally refining my approach to life.
I try not to take myself too seriously, often referring to myself as a knucklehead or dopey, and I don’t take anything for granted. I love playing and watching sports and laughing – lots of laughing.
Born and raised in New York, I dreaded the long winters. When my first opportunity for tropical adventure came, I jumped at it. I packed up and spent some time in Guam working as an Art Director for an Ad Agency. The best part was that I kicked off each workday as the morning DJ on the island’s Classic Rock Station. So from 6 am to 9 am, I was cranking out tunes, then would bike along the beach to my job at the agency overlooking Tumon Bay – it was such a beautiful commute! The island life was incredible, but being half a world away from my family became too much after a while, so I headed home.
I left New York for good when I ventured off to cover the inaugural season of the Florida Marlins with a good friend. The venture didn’t pan out, but I spent the greater part of a summer sitting in the press box and interviewing Major League players in the locker room after the game. Truly a dream come true. And I fell in love with the sun, beaches, and Florida lifestyle.
I also had a comic strip (Rick the Stick) that ran weekdays for a little more than three years, accumulating over 900 comics, which I’ve volumed into three books – specifically for the entertainment of my kids (which worked). I’ve illustrated three children’s books of my own and another for a friend – oh, and I wrote a 125-thousand-word novel.
Today, I live in Tampa, Florida, with my wife and four kids, and it’s been a doozie of an adventure.
I’m passionate about what I do and the people I surround myself with. It would be great to keep it going and start a real conversation – the best way to connect with me professionally is through LinkedIn.
While I’m currently involved in a few projects, I am available for work in creative leadership, designing freelance, or in a creative organizational consultation capacity.